Above, the outdoor block. This one is placed outside, in the garden, against a wall, in the middle or at the bottom of the garden.
It is a heat pump monobloc which will be connected to a buffer tank and/or a hot water tank in the technical room.
You are in France in Belgium or Switzerland ? You can get a free pro's opinion and quote by using the iframe here below.
Aesthetics of the NIBE F2120 CAP
- The model is sober.
- The gray and black will keep the dust from showing too much.
- The design is neat, but not overly modern.
Performance NIBE F2120
This model is mainly available in 4 power levels
- F2120-8 : Power of 5.2kW A-7/35at full load, COP of 3 according to the manufacturer's sheet that you can find here. This means that the heat pump delivers 5.2kW at an outdoor temperature of -7°C, and thus provides a hot water temperature of 35°C. The same heat pump delivers 5.55kW under other conditions, i.e. A-7/W55, and this with a much lower COP of 2.2.
- F2120-12: Power of 7.4kW A-7/W357.65kW A-7/W55, at full load, COP 3.05. Link to manufacturer's data sheet.
- F2120-16 : 10.2kW A-7/W35 power10.85kW A-7/W55, at full load, COP of 2.35. Link to manufacturer's data sheet.
- F2120-20: Power of 13.5kW A-7/W35A-7/W55, at full load, COP of 2.9. Power of 14.15kW A-7/W55, full load, COP of 2.2. Link to manufacturer's data sheet.
If your distribution is by radiators, you must consider the A-7/W55 data.
If it is by floor heating, the data A-7/W35.
This power range allows to cover the majority of the typical single-family houses in Switzerland.
They are suitable if you are replacing your oil installation and you consume around 1000L to 3500 or 4000L of oil per year for heating and hot water.
In case of higher consumption, it will be possible to install 2 of these heat pumps in cascade, in order to add their powers.
It can be seen that the COP at -7°C for a distribution by radiators, falls towards 2.2.
This makes it 2.2 times less power hungry than a conventional electrical system.
However, on the average of a European climate, the average temperature is not -7°C.
To further investigate the consumption data, we talk about SCOP, or Seasonal COP.
This is the COP of the machine, not at a specific time, but on average over the period of use.
For the CAP, it will be in winter.
The standard takes 3 reference climates:
- Athens for the warm climate
- Strasbourg for the temperate climate
- and Helsinki for the cold climate.
This SCOP determines the energy label of the machine as follows:
- A++ : The SCOP is greater than or equal to 5.1
- A++ : 4.6 ≤ SCOP < 5.1
- A+ : 4 ≤ SCOP < 4.6
- A : 3.4 ≤ SCOP < 4
The NIBE F2120 is therefore class A++ for floor heating, but class A for other distributions.
With these values, these PACs pass quite easily the minimums required by the cantons, in order to grant subsidies.
They are therefore prized by many installers.
The sound power emitted is 53dBA, which allows this machine to easily pass, on paper, the forms for authorizations at the municipal level. In most cases the resulting sound pressure will be less than 45dBA and will therefore comply with the standard. In practice, this model is quiet and can be heard very little even at full power.
Starting current :
This starting current is very low and really perfect to not have to change your electrical panel.
On other models this figure may be higher and require an increase in amperage by your electricity supplier: an expensive operation.
Cost NIBE F2120
This heat pump is often found between 10kCHF for the smallest, up to 15 or 16kCHF for the large model (machine only).
In Switzerland the prices of heat pumps often correspond to the manufacturer's gross catalog price, sometimes a little more depending on the company.
This heat pump is not sold directly by the company that manufactures it but through distributors.
They are numerous on the Swiss territory, which allows reasonable delays, and also qualified manpower that knows this widespread model.
This heat pump has all the necessary certifications to allow you to apply for subsidies.
In particular, it is installed according to a precise and official PAC system module scheme, without which you will not get your grant.
Assembly quality F2120
The Swedish-made NIBE F2120-8/12/16/20 heat pump looks like a robust model.
The first glance gives an impression of quality assembly and suggests a well-organized manufacturing plant.
- a width between 1.13m and 1.28m for the small and the big model
- a height between 1.03 and 1.13m
- and a thickness of 50cm
This heat pump is quite compact and can be easily integrated under a window.
It is also easy to hide in the garden if you have a green area.
See dimensional drawings: F2120-8 | F2120-12 | F2120-16 | F2120-20
- This heat pump leaves a good impression.
- It is a choice to be made to feel secure during the whole installation phase of the system.
Read also :
All air water heat pump reviews
TOP 20 Best air-to-water heat pumps
After studying mechanical engineering, Julian entered the world of climate engineering in 2009. After having built his experience in the ventilationand then in the heating with the largest manufacturers of German origin, he became an entrepreneur in the renewable energies and in particular a specialist in heat pump and solar panels photovoltaic systems for thehabitat individual.